Friday, August 14, 2009

First Night In My New Apartment....

Very strange. Creeks and stomping. Let's just get the horrible stuff out of the way. The neighbors above me have a dog that must have parvo by the way it drags it's body around the floor and I saw the owner of the dog get out of the car today and he stomped the lawn and up the front stairs. Which explains the loud thumps at night.

But at least it's not haunted! Other than that, the floors creek, the smoke filters through our vents and I now have a creepy middle age man who wants to holla at me the minute Michael and I break up. Watch out baby, he almost won my heart today when he coughed cookies on my face as he asked about where I am from.

Now that the venting is done... the apartment is shaping up. We have food. We have locks and we have beds! But we don't have anything to do. So Martin kept me company tonight while I put away books, clothes and artwork.

I can't wait for school to start.

Tomorrow night we are going to go out and explore the city. Many free events on Fridays and I can't wait to go see some more of this city.

And I am going to find a job in T-minus one week.

I really miss everyone in California and you are all on my minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment