Friday, August 14, 2009

Help Wanted....



Determined to find a job and having no luck on the internet I decided to go to the hotel where my parents were staying to apply for a job there. As luck would have it the entire road was blocked off preventing me from getting inside. This was numerous setbacks from the day. Woke up late (thanks snooze button), waiting for the gas man to come and hook up our gas, waiting for him to come back and fix the shower so I don't take anymore ice showers, losing my keys (in an apartment with eight things total) and getting caught by the friendly but talkative maintenance man. Once I saw the flashing lights blocking the hotel I knew I couldn't apply today because the the interviews ended at three.

So I drove around trying to look for "help wanted" signs and finally found one. They asked me to come back at five forty five and by seven I had the job! I'm really excited. They make handmade ice cream, like students and are super busy.

From having nothing to do all I am suddenly super busy. I found a promotional work job for Martin and I that takes place Saturday from 9-4 (and pays well) then we have to figure out where our classrooms are, Martin has to go drop off his applications and I start work on Sunday!

The part about the job is they close down during December because nobody eats ice cream when it's freezing outside. So that means I will be able to come home for Christmas!!!

Happiness!

1 comment:

  1. yay! everything comes together... good things are finding you...i'm so excited for you! love you!

    ReplyDelete